• Odisha- Around 136 people out of which 54 were disaster response personnel who were part of the relief team during the cyclone Amphan, tested positive for Covid-19 on Thursday. The state’s total now stands at 3,386, as per health officials. During June, 49 NDRF personnel and Fire service officials in Odisha tested positive.
• Kerala- After a meeting between Devaswom Minister and Thantri, it is reported that the Sabarimala Temple will remain shut for devotees and rituals will be held inside the premises starting from 14 June. The government of Kerala has also decided to postpone the Sabarimala festival for this year in light of the coronavirus outbreak. The festival was scheduled to begin from 19 June.
• A CRPF Chief Medical Officer has tested positive for Covid-19. As per reports, the CMO is being treated in a private hospital in Okhla. As of now the total cases in CRPF is 544. The recovery data is 353 and death toll is 4.
As many as 28 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel posted in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday, officials said. They said the personnel were found infected during a contact-tracing exercise after the death of a 44-year-old coronavirus-infected constable on 6 June.
• On Thursday, 11 June, Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the 95th annual plenary session of Indian Chamber of Commerce via video conferencing. In his address he said, ”Decades ago Swami Vivekananda wrote, ‘The simplest method to be worked upon at present is to induce Indians to use their own products and get markets for Indian goods in other countries’. This path shown by Swami Vivekananda is an inspiration for India in the post-COVID world.”
“Indian economy needs to be dragged out from ‘command & control and shift’ to ‘plug & play’ mode, ” said Modi.
“Every citizen of this country has resolved to turn the current coronavirus crisis into an opportunity. We have to make this a major turning point for this nation. What is that turning point? A self-reliant India,” Prime Minister Modi said.
He further said that northeast India could become a major hub for organic farming by creating bamboo and organic product clusters in the region.
• Rajasthan- 51 people tested coronavirus positive till 10:30 am on Thursday. The total number of cases is 11,651. The COVID-19 toll was 264 after five more patients lost their lives to the infectious disease.
“Of the total, there are 8596 recoveries and 8221 discharges,” said the state health department on Thursday.
• Manipur- With terror spread over the coronavirus outbreak, a total of 441 people have been detained in Manipur for not wearing masks and not adhering to social distancing guidelines in public places, said the police. The further added that a total of 467 vehicles were also seized.
• Assam- With the death of a COVID-19 patient in Assam, the toll in the state climbed to six on Wednesday while 235 fresh coronavirus cases were reported with the total reaching 3,285, said health minister Himanta Biswa Sarma.
• India reported the highest single-day spike of 9,996 fresh COVID-19 cases and 357 deaths in the past 24 hours, according to the latest data released by the health ministry on Thursday
According to news agency PTI, nearly 90,000 cases have been added to the countrywide count of confirmed COVID-19 cases since 1 June, while nearly one-third of the overall toll has also been reported during these 10 days.
India is the fifth worst-affected nation by the COVID-19 pandemic at present after the US, Brazil, Russia and the UK. India is ranked 12th for the number of deaths, while it is at the 9th place for recoveries, as per the real-time global data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.