The last date to link a PAN card to Aadhaar is 30 June.
According to the income tax law, if both the Pan card and Aadhaar card are not linked, then after 30th June, the PAN card will be canceled. Along with this, a fine of Rs 10 thousand will also be charged. Therefore, link it to Aadhaar in 15 days.
A notification in this regard has been issued under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act of the Income Tax Department.
Earlier, the last date for linking Aadhaar with PAN card was 31 March 2020. But due to the lockdown caused by the corona virus pandemic, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has extended its last date to June 30. Apart from this, an Aadhaar card is also necessary for making a PAN card.
To check if your PAN card is linked or not follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Go to the ‘Quick links’ head at the top and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- After this, a new page will open on the screen.
- There will be a hyperlink at the top of this page, which will be written in English, you have already requested to link Aadhaar, then click here to know the status.
- After clicking on this hyper link, you will have to enter your PAN and Aadhaar details.
- Click on ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’. In its result, you will know whether the PAN is connected to your base or not.