In Bihar, celestial lightning has caused great havoc in the last 24 hours. In Bihar, 87 people have been killed and many injured due to lightning in several districts including Gopalganj, East Champaran, Siwan, Madhubani, West Champaran, Khagaria. However, the APADA department has confirmed the deaths of 83 people.
At the same time, it has also been announced to provide a subsidy of Rs. 4-4 lakh to the families of those killed by the lightning. Disaster Management Minister Laxmeshwar Rai has given information about this.
Developments on the incident in 24 hours:
- 13 people died and half a dozen were scorched in Gopalganj due to the lightning. The DM of Gopalganj has appealed to people to stay in their homes. Also, the DM has urged people not to resort to any tree to avoid the rain.
- Four people have died due to thunderclap in Siwan. At the same time, three people have been scorched by the thunderclap which are being treated. In East Champaran, four people died due to falling off. There is chaos in the houses of the deceased as soon as information of the incident is received.
- Seven people have died in Madhubani due to the lightning fall, which includes four people from the same family. 5 in Phulparas police station area of Madhubani, one person has died in Benipatti and Madhupur police station area.
- In Bhagalpur too, lightning has become a cause of trouble for the people. One person died in Narayanpur, Milky, Akbarnagar in Bhagalpur while two in Sultanganj and Parbatta due to their falling. At the same time, 7 people have died in Nawada district as well.
- In Narkatiaganj, two died due to falling off. In two different places, lightning struck, in which people have died. One person has died in Mauja village of Bhasurari Panchayat, while one person died on the spot in Maldi village of Shikarpur panchayat.
- Three places in different parts of Motihari have been struck. A total of three people have died so far due to their collapse, while three people have been injured. The first incident is of Belavatiya of Sugauli police station. The second incident is of Mohammadpur of Pachpakkar police station and the third incident is of Barmatiya of Chakia police station. At the same time, three people, including a girl, have died in Aurangabad.
- In Jehanabad district, people have died. One is the incident of Bijapur village of Makhdumpur police station area and the other incident is the incident of Sahobigaha-PurankaTola village of Ghosi police station area. At the same time, in Buxar, a person has died due to a thunderstorm.