The state-wide lockdown has been announced in Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu, till 31st July 2020.
Maharashtra has recorded 164626 COVID-19 cases, whereas Tamil Nadu has recorded 82275 COVID-19 cases, till date.
As the states have started to increase the frequency of testing, the spurt in the number of COVID-19 infections is being witnessed.
Guidelines issued for lockdown in Maharashtra:
• All essential shops which were allowed to open earlier shall remain open.
• E-commerce activities for essential as well as non-essential allowed .
• All industrial units which were allowed earlier are open to operate even now.
• Home delivery from Restaurants/Kitchens.
• Private offices are allowed to work with 10% of total strength.
• Garages allowed to mend vehicles but only with prior appointment only.
• Spas, Parlours, Beauty Salons allowed to open with certain set of conditions.
• Private Vehicles allowed to travel within 2km radius from respective houses except for medical service- emergency or office .
• Printing and distribution of Newspaper.
• Educational institutes allowed to open to developing e-content and evaluating answer sheets .
• All non-essential services allowed to function from 9 am to 5 pm .
• Intra-district bus services allowed but with only 50% of the total capacity.
Guidelines issued for lockdown in Tamil Nadu :
• Intra-district public transportation has been dismissed until 15th July 2020.
• The same set of restrictions as followed for Pre-June 19 lockdown to be followed.
• All Sundays in the month of July will observe complete lockdown throughout the day.
• Lockdown in the following districts shall persist till 5th July 2020 :